FanStory.com - Live and Learnby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
End of a kidnapping
Short
: Live and Learn by Bill Schott
    A Deep Secret Contest Winner 

"You'll never get away with this, Chet!" I screamed, though I knew no one would hear. " I'll be missed!" (No, I wouldn't.) "You'll never g--" A shovel full of dirt snuffed out my attempt to repeat the notion that Chet would never get away with what he clearly would.

The job had been perfect. The woman came along quietly; her husband paid the ransom without question or contacting the cops; and the both of them fit neatly into this hole I dug last week. I remember complaining to Chet. I bitched that I had dug it so deep, I could plant a half a dozen bodies in it. That might have been when he decided to include me in the 'loose ends' list.

Chet was working overtime on the shoveling. This dirt was super heavy and I could feel the oxygen fade as the pressure increased. This plan had been so good. I felt it was seamless. I can see now that Chet's placement in this hole would have been a good touch. Live and learn.


Writing Prompt
The topic for this contest is: a deep secret.
A Deep Secret
Contest Winner

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement