FanStory.com - Parenting Teensby Spiritual Echo
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Allows 100-150 words
Parenting Teens by Spiritual Echo
100 Word Story writing prompt entry


"Dad, would you drive me to the mall?"

Dean was already in a bad mood. It was only seven o'clock in the morning when the blare of rock-and-roll began to reverberate through the walls. He'd managed--barely--after Susan died, becoming both Mom and Dad to the twins. No one warned him about teenagers.

Saturdays were sacred; the only day he had off from two, gruelling jobs. He liked to sleep in, but someone always wanted something. Ricky had just passed his driver's test and constantly bugged Dean to borrow the car. Jenny looked more like her mother every day, reminding him how deeply he missed his wife.

In between the incessant phone calls and texts, Jenny was cooking breakfast--his favourite.

"Please, Daddy," Jenny whispered, her light, blue eyes begging.

"Sure," Dean said, dropping keys and money on the counter. "Get your brother to drive you."


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Author Notes
146 words in Word Document

     

© Copyright 2024. Spiritual Echo All rights reserved.
Spiritual Echo has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement