FanStory.com - Sharing Timeby Treischel
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
5-7-5 Poetry
Family
: Sharing Time by Treischel

Sharing Time
(5-7-5 Poetry)




On white sandstone cliffs
Among the Indian Caves
Spent time carving names

Sparkling stream was high
Warm sun beating on the sand
Pathways through the woods

Hand holds on a ledge
Just above the waterfalls
Strong hand holds young trust

Passing passion on
From older to the young one
Shared time and values



Author Notes
Spend another day with my grandson. One place, of several outdoor spots we went,was to Battle Creek Park. There are caves and sandstone cliffs there. Brought the camera and binoculars along. The picture above shows one cave we went in. To get there we had to scale a ledge above a waterfalls. Sandstone in soft, and there are handholds dug into the cliff, just like a climbing wall. At one spot he had to jump down. To get back up, he needed to use the hand and foot holds, and at one point, I had to reach over, grab his hand, and pull him up. It was quite an adventure. Being a typical boy, he loved it. We also carved our initials in the wall of the cave, like many others have down in the past. PS. Don't tell his mom!

This picture is of the cave we had to scale the cliff to get to. You can't see it in the picture, but there is a stream that cuts in front of that cave. In summer the water level is low enough to wade or jump across. With the runoff from recent snows, it was a torrent. Took this picture in April 2011.

     

© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement