FanStory.com - Revenge at Bitter Creekby Val Crisson
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Rock hard writing contest
Revenge at Bitter Creek by Val Crisson
    Rock hard writing Contest Winner 

Marshall Adams was heading for the town of BITTER CREEK. It was where the old WITCHY WOMAN had told him he could find DOOLIN DALTON. He'd paid her in gold for the information, but it was worth the price. It was SATURDAY NIGHT, and Adams was sure Dalton was looking for a saloon, a game of TWENTY ONE, and a woman. He hadn't laid eyes on that DESPERADO, since he'd murdered his best deputy, John Dewey, in Colton city. He meant to even the score for his deputy by the end of the day.

The sun was setting over the hills, and the sky was lit up in gold and red. It was as pretty as could be, and in the distance he could hear a NIGHTINGALE singing. The scent of woodsmoke filled the air, and he hankered for a home cooked meal. Adams had promised his wife, Nelly, this would be his last arrest. He was hanging up his lawman's silver star and gun, after he'd put Dalton in jail forever. He was ready to live the quiet life of a rancher with his wife and kids. But it was too soon to get A PEACEFUL EASY FEELING; he couldn't go soft not yet anyway.

As he rode into town he saw the TAKE IT EASY Saloon on his right, he knew Dalton was in there. He could smell an OUTLAW MAN a mile away. He tied up his horse and holstered his Colt, then walked into the saloon. As he walked in, he heard a shot ring out in the bar. The first thing he saw was Dalton lying on the floor with a gunshot through his heart. Holding the smoking gun was Anne Dewey, John Dewey's wife, dressed up like a saloon girl. She looked at him and said, "John, I waited as long as I could for revenge, so I decided to take matters in my own hands. Don't bother trying to arrest him. He's ALREADY GONE."


Writing Prompt
Like rock and roll? Well if you do you will enjoy this prompt. You must select a rock band and use at least five song titles in your piece.
Rock hard writing
Contest Winner

Author Notes
My rock group is The Eagles, and they are one of my favorites. Saw them live at the Paramount in Seattle, Wash. In the 70's. And yes Doolin Dalton is spelled that way on their music listings, checked out if you like. Enjoy

     

© Copyright 2024. Val Crisson All rights reserved.
Val Crisson has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement