FanStory.com - Afterglowby Bill Schott
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Morning after.
Short
: Afterglow by Bill Schott
100 Word Story writing prompt entry

Waking up from a long evening of fun, food, and drink, I remember speaking at my best friend's wedding the previous night.

I somewhat recall the mild laughter that surrounded me and my garbled, drunken toast. All was okay until I burst out screaming, "Muddy Blurder!" I then began a small diatribe against marriage. I proclaimed that a wedding was very much a death sentence. I insisted that it represented the final beatings of a free heart.

The crowd, I remember, looked on in silence as I slurred into a microphone, "Bloody murder. You lose. They lose. We all loose stool."

My fiancee left with some new guy who had been sniffing around her all evening. She was apparently embarrassed at my actions to the degree of calling off our engagement.

Even though I have a splitting headache, I love it when a plan comes together.


Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, drink, murder, final, sentence, muddy, loose, wedding, mild, heart

     

© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement