FanStory.com - Rainby Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Into the storm
Rain by Realist101
Supernatural Flash Fiction writing prompt entry

Powder watched the people below; pity his only emotion for the mortal condition. He smiled though. The woman had befriended him. She had cared without condition. Rare, unlike typical human behavior. Most humans relied on an odd system of give and take. There were few who loved or cared without expecting something in return. This washed melancholy over his consciousness for the ones who tried to rise above the strange selfishness.

He did not miss the form he'd had while on earth. It hadn't been pleasant at all. The creatures below were made of delicate materials, almost deformed, even the best of them ... and he wondered how they would make out in the end.

He floated, serene and calm, in the realm of his reality, comfortable in the company of his kind. Advanced and immortal, he did not feel superior, just different. Lucky, perhaps. He swirled in a circle of mist, and mated with another of his kind. Delicious ecstasy ... the particles mixed like rain with fog. Soft, cool. The two became as a cloud, and the zephyrs lifted them above the sun. To the ones below, their laughter sounded like the song of a far off dove. Or maybe a nightingale. And Powder, as he'd been called while on his odyssey among humans, smiled with his soul. He was glad to be home.

~~~~~~~

The woman cried, for she missed the young man with the red eyes and white skin. He'd been so gentle. So kind. And intelligent beyond belief. She wished she could have gone with him ... but stood, helpless and in shock as the lightning storm dissipated to the west. She went weak with despair and sudden loneliness for the boy. She had grown to love him.

She waited for hours with hope that he might return. Or that he was in a better place. Somehow, she knew he was. A thought formed, then she was sure. Light again, inside and out, she held her hands to the sky. Her laugh was like the sound of delicate wind-chimes, and she twirled in circles, as his voice spoke to her in the sound of the falling rain.




Writing Prompt
The character in your story is involved in some way with the supernatural.

Recognized

Author Notes
I always wondered what "Powder" was. Why he disappeared into lightning. This is what I would imagine him to be. Thanks for reading and to Google Images.

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement