FanStory.com - Magic in your eyes by regina1a
Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
There is magic and wonder all around us
Magic in your eyes by regina1a
5-7-5 Poetry contest entry

The excitement was unmistakable as little Amber pulled me toward the direction of the music. Her emotion clearly expressed her desires as she galloped like a horse pointing and pulling me and willing us all with the sparkle and slight plea in her eyes to follow.
Which of course we all did. Who could resist this enthusiasm that was so contagious that poured out of this little two year old in her little Mayan style Mexican dress. Her world felt like magic and we all wanted to join in and leave all the grow up stuff behind and simply be in that moment in that magic. We waited in line to buy tickets but Amber had no need for such things and marched right up to the edge of the merry go round pointing and hopping as she waited for me to lift her up. She had her eye on the prize and a determination in her eyes as sprang toward the white jeweled horse with its gold reins and blue eyes, she looked a little old and some of the her paint was fading and chipped but it was love at first site.
As the Merry go round went round and round Amber's tiny hands held tight to the rienes as her big brown eyes danced with laughter and determination ; the colors swirled all around us in an array of Blues and reds and yellows like a rainbows bobbing to the flow of the music all around us while her dress flew in the breeze and her eyes sparkled with sparkling joy my soul smiled at all the magic still left in the world if you just took the time to look through the eyes of a child.

Author Notes
This is dedicated to my beautiful little Grnad daughter Amber she is a blessing and a joy

     

© Copyright 2024. regina1a All rights reserved.
regina1a has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement