FanStory.com - Where Is God?by Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I have to ask ...
Where Is God? by Realist101

Tears stream as I look at a photo of another tiny throw-away. I feel sick, knowing as I type, there are millions of living things alone and terrified--hungry and cold. A silent scream burns my brain as I vent anger toward a power that we are to worship ... the almighty being, who claims we are his children, that he cares about this world. I have known all my life that my pets, and each living thing has a soul. This photo says it all.

And yes, this could be the aftermath of a tornado. Or tsunami ... any number of tragedies. Nevertheless, study the little face, the way this little guy is hugging a child's ankle? It goes beyond just wanting to survive.

I want to reach into this picture and bundle this small cat in a warm towel. I want to hold it and tell it I will save it. I want GOD to save it. I want him to save me. And you. And the world. But we are on our own. Our prayers are just blowing in the wind, unheard cries of despair. Beauty and comfort are cabbaged by the rich, while ugliness blankets the rest of the world, and steals away the sun.

Recognized

Author Notes
Bleak is the outlook for the downtrodden. I hope you will look hard at this photo and see. Thank you very much for reading...and to Google for this loan...(Just my feelings on a dark and lonely night.)

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement