FanStory.com - Meet Chochee Medinaby QC Poet
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Introduction to Chochee Medina
The Two of Me
: Meet Chochee Medina by QC Poet

Background
This book is dedicated to all of the souls in this world who may find themselves living a dual life and struggling with that thin line between the good and the bad that this world has to offer.

Chochee Medina

Chochee Medina was born in Los Angeles, California during the early 1960's and is a first generation Chicano, a Mexican-American son born of parents who immigrated from Guanajuato and Jalisco Mexico.

Chochee is the nick name an elder cousin gave him when as growing children, he would mis-pronouce Georgie.

Bearing a distinct Mexican-Indian appearance that can be traced back through his ancestry, with origins to an ancient (pre-Aztec) Chichimecan Indian tribe. Chochee grew up in the San Fernando Valley primarily in the city of Pacoima, hometown of the late 1950's rock and roll pioneer and forefather of the Chicano rock movement, Ritchie Valens.

Chochee's father was born in Guanajuato, Mexico, his mother in Jalisco, Mexico and they met through Chochee's uncle, when his father and uncle both worked as grave diggers at Forrester Lawns Cementary.

The fourth born son in a family of six boys and two girls, he has two older brothers an elder sister, three younger brothers and a younger sister.
His parents, two of his elder brothers, a younger brother and sister have also since passed away.

For some unexplained and still mysterious reason his father had left his beloved town of Guanajuato, Mexico in the early 1950's around the age of 28 and came to the USA to begin a new life.

Chochee was raised in an often harsh environment of a changing Latino Society, one in which a quickly disappearing "old world" Mexican belief system was constantly clashing with the new American youth culture changes of the mid 1960's thru early 1980's including changing attitudes on mixing of races, drugs, music, politics, spiritual and personal identity.

Throughout his growing years Chochee, perhaps by fate or the idea of the six degrees of separation, would come have encounters with people who have became well known or famous in the arenas of acting, comedy, music and law.

A proud American Citizen, of Mexican descendents, an aging husband and father of two grown men with their own children, Chochee also had a 15 year opportunity to have been associated with the manufacturing of parts for some of the most famous American experimental Military Aircraft and Space and airplane based systems as part of his 35 +yr. Aerospace career.

This is his tale of living a Dual Life and rising from the street life of Pacoima, including working in an aerospace manufacturing and Quality Management positions while remaining active in Street Life activities. A span covering over fifty years of his life before becoming disabled by the debilitating effects of living the Dualistic nature of his Life choices.



Author Notes
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious.
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.
Some names have been changed to protect their privacy.

     

© Copyright 2024. QC Poet All rights reserved.
QC Poet has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement