FanStory.com - Forever Mineby Writingfundimension
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a twisted tale of jealousy
Forever Mine by Writingfundimension
HOrror writing prompt entry

Placing the whimpering child into the bassinet, Tessa paces the room feverishly while conversing with her invisible husband.  "Billy, where are you? I'm so afraid."  Startled by the banging on the nursery door, a bone-rattling chill drains her body of warmth.  She will not answer for there is never anyone there.

His letter said he'd be arriving within days.  Wrapping her cloak about herself and clutching her son to her breast, she unbolts the door and makes her way up the stairs to the roofwalk overlooking the sea. 

Anxiously scanning the ocean, she gasps at a small speck on the horizon.  It has to be...Turning at the sound of creaking stairs, a small hooded figure steps out from a cast shadow on the landing.  As burning steel rips open her intestines, Tessa hears, "Billy has always been mine and now his child will be too."



Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.


Recognized

Author Notes
Word Count: 146
Theme choice: Shadow on the landing.
Widow's Walk: A railed rooftop platform used to observe vessels at sea.
Thanks to catmel for: ships in storms. Awesome!

     

© Copyright 2024. Writingfundimension All rights reserved.
Writingfundimension has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement