FanStory.com - The Boxerby Cedar
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
True Story - Contest Entry
The Boxer by Cedar
Short and Colorful writing prompt entry


This is a story about a young boy,
whose plans did not come true.
I use to be a boxer many years ago
and my body stayed black and blue.

My dream was to be an Olympian
and one day bring home the gold.
It didn't take long for me to realize,
that this dream would never unfold.

Boxing is a very dangerous profession,
only the best will find fame and wealth.
They place the value of a greenback dollar,
over their own lives and personal health.


******************************************


Writing Prompt
Write a poem which incorporates at least two colors. The idea is to use colors to infer meaning. Poem may be rhyming or not.

Recognized

Author Notes
I started boxing when I was 12 years old, but after a few years I realized that this was not a long term sport that I wanted to be involved in. It's always been my favorite sport, even now 50 years later. Muhammed Ali was born and raised 30 miles from where I live. Muhammed Ali was one of the greatest during his active career. However, he retired and didn't fight for a long period of time and then decided to try and make a comeback. At that time, he was the only heavyweight fighter ever to win the Championship Belt 3 times. He decided to go for the fourth and that was his downfall. During his attempted comeback, he took several severe beatings from much younger fighters. His doctors said that this is what caused the Parkinsons Disease, which he has suffered with for many years. Thank you for reading. God bless us all.

     

© Copyright 2024. Cedar All rights reserved.
Cedar has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement