FanStory.com - Handsby Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Things that go bump in the dark
Hands by Realist101

Dark days lead to even darker nights and every time I try to sleep, something in my room awakens and begins a reign of terror against me. And I cannot fend it off much longer. It is getting bolder as time goes on and soon, very soon, I will have to fight it off or succomb to it's evil will.

I pull the covers up to my chin and begin the familiar vigil, hoping the bodiless appendages will not appear. But just as I begin to doze, my nightly companions visit once again.


The hands come floating toward me. I can see them in the dark corner of my room, a pale movement, reaching, undulating like belly dancers in the night.

They retreat then, to fade back ... back into the shadows. My eyes go dry I stare so intently at the corner. And I think I hear a thump beneath my bed. It can't be. I'm all grown up now. The things that go bump in the night cannot get me anymore.

But I still stare, not believing, yet frozen in fear at what I know I saw.

There they are again. The hands, doing a dance in the dark, getting closer this time and a hard thump accompanies each move they make, like a primal drumbeat urging them on.

Now my heart is pounding and I try to swallow, but the hands are too tight around my throat.

Recognized

Author Notes
Thanks for reading and to Photobucket.com for the loan of this pix...

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement