FanStory.com - Snow In Summerby Realist101
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A kitten and I play
Snow In Summer by Realist101

The flakes seem magical, falling onto Smudge and me.

We have this place to ourselves, this tiny kitten and I. His antics entrance me as he climbs and runs to and fro between the trunk of the shrub and my lap. The sun filters through the leaves, so soft and warm. I lean back, my eyes closed and soak up the pure joy of this moment in time.

My little feline warrior attacks me and I tickle his tummy while he bats my hand in mock battle. Hidden from the world,I have to laugh in wonder at his bright eyes and joy for life, here, in our secret garden.

Soon though, he tires and falls sound asleep in my arms, his rumbling purr telling me he feels safe and loved. And the snow falls in summer ... here on Smudge and me, down in the garden under the Snowball tree.

Recognized

Author Notes
I have had kittens off and on all my life, and playing with them in my mom's flower garden was the best. Snowball bushes do have tiny petals like miniature snowflakes. Thank you for reading this and to leslavonne/FanArt, for this cute pix. This is in memory of my mom, who would have been 89 years old today.

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement