FanStory.com - The Suitcaseby Realist101
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Finding freedom
The Suitcase by Realist101

I pack the old suitcase with all the things that are valuable to me: photos of my son, my old coin collection, the teddy bear my mother gave me when I was five. I leave the cards and letters.

I take one last look around the small house that has never been home and I wonder where the years have gone.

I step outside one more time and stand next to the lilac bushes that are just now beginning to grow and bloom. I watch the horses graze and I resolve not to let these things keep me a prisoner anymore.

Back inside, I add one last thing to my old dilapidated suitcase.

My freedom.

Recognized

Author Notes
Someone stole my old suitcase years ago. He took not just old coins, but memories and mementos that can never be replaced. He knows I know. May he rot. Thank you for reading and to Photobucket.com for the loan of this pix.

     

© Copyright 2024. Realist101 All rights reserved.
Realist101 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement