FanStory.com - Distractions Can be Fatalby Helvi2
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
True Six Word story about me -Contest
On Your Mark! Get Set! GO!
: Distractions Can be Fatal by Helvi2
True Story that happened to me


Driver barely injured, 
couldn't resuscitate car.

Recognized

Author Notes
I was in a single car accident about four years ago that was caused because I was distracted by a hornet in the car. One tiny second was all it took for my car to go off the road. Suddenly there was a tree right in front of me and there was no way I could stop and avoid it. I remember being slumped over the airbag and hurting. All the damage was on the passenger's side of the car. I was so elated I was the only one in the car and there was no one on the sidewalk. The tree was in someone's private residence and I was relieved no one was in the front yard.
Although I was hurting I was able to get out of the car on my own with a little assistance. In most cases it's better to stay where you are and not move, but the car started smoking and the onlookers thought I would be safer out of the car. Paramedics told me if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt, I might have gone through the windshied. I am so grateful for the seatbelt and the airbag.

My injuries consisted of : a very tender rope burn from the seatbelt, a huge bruise on my breast bone and a sore neck. Para-medics were concerned I might have a broken neck, but X-rays showed there were no broken bones anywhere.
My poor car suffered severe damage and could not be resusitated. I'm glad it wasn't the other way around. The image I included with the story are the real remains of what used to be my car.

The circumfrence of the tree was about eight inches and was cracked. The owners had to remove it. I was driving the legal limit of 35mph and am very happy to be alive. Since that time I double check the car before I get in.

I solidly reccomend wearing your seat belt. I was only a mile from home when the accident took place.
Please be careful when you drive, danger is closer than you think,
God be with you,
Helvi :o)

     

© Copyright 2024. Helvi2 All rights reserved.
Helvi2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement