FanStory.com - My Best Friendby BlueMarble
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
He always by my side
My Best Friend by BlueMarble
Childhood Photo contest entry

So many years ago – I don’t want to even think about how many, but it has been a few.

Being the youngest of three children, one would think I would have had a couple playmates at least.  But a good share of the time I didn’t.  Kathy and Dave were enough older than me to either be gone to school, or off somewhere finding things to do without me as a tag-along.  It was just the way of life this country girl grew up used to …. instead of children my age, I had Skippy for a best friend.

Skippy was a wonderful friend, and he rarely left my side.  I guess he loved me as much as I loved him.

Over the years there was always a dog in my life.  I always got along with them much better than I did with people.  I never had to worry about saying the wrong thing to a dog.  They loved me no matter what.

Now so many years later I still would be able to have the same relationship except for one major problem – The dogs that I encounter now very often are just too powerful in displaying their love.  My balance isn’t what it used to be.   Maybe it’s time I give up on dogs and try working on my people skills.


     

© Copyright 2024. BlueMarble All rights reserved.
BlueMarble has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement