FanStory.com - A More Colorful Me by Douglas Goff
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We all have a creative pixie inside.
A More Colorful Me by Douglas Goff
    My Muse Contest Winner 

How would I describe my inner muse? What wonderful words would I choose? What perfect description could I use? 

She’s definitely a she, you see. Because she talks so much more than me. Working together, she and I become we.

I would guess she’s a wayward fiery redhead. Because she’s wild, wily, and always well said. Women like that are most certainly un-wed.  

Add in a dash of snarky attitude. She’s properly motivated by words of platitude. To her I owe my eternal gratitude. 

Her creations are edgy and strong. Some of you even complain they are a bit long. Firmly she states you may not be right, but you certainly aren’t wrong. 

Internally confused, yet I know for sure. Her many fantastic words pass like a blur. Step into our creative world and we’ll give you a tour.  

Her ramblings pour forth like a babbling creek. To which we haven’t nearly reached our peak. A writing venue is all we seek.  

Her wondrous musings have been with me from the start. If you find yourself wondering if we’ll ever part. Not a chance, she dwells deep within my heart.



Writing Prompt
Write a poem, any length, about your muse. Who or what inspires you to write?
My Muse
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
We all have many facets to our personalities. I think we subconsciously choose which ones to water and place in the sunlight and which ones to starve and keep behind closed doors.

     

© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement