FanStory.com - You Didn't Ask...But#8-Knifed2by Brett Matthew West
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Perhaps My Final FanStory Post???
You Didn't Ask...But
: You Didn't Ask...But#8-Knifed2 by Brett Matthew West
Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

(Let's get the bad news out of the way. This may well be my final FanStory post??? Thus, should it be, I used the ONLY picture I would consider for such a post. My renewal is due, and while I certainly have the money to renew my subscription, I am not sure I want to shell out $99 for another year. My initial reaction to that fee is it seems to be a rather steep increase from previous years. Have asked Tom how long I have to make a final decision. He has granted me until April 8th. I ask that you do not offer to pay for this renewal, or graciously gift it. There are some things I have not finished on FanStory, such as my autobiography Unwanted Dog. Therefore, I am going to take some time to think about what I am going to do. I just wanted to let my readers know the situation in case I "mysteriously" disappeared one day.)

(Now on to a more cheerier note. This posting is a follow up to my You Didn't Ask...But #7-Knifed post. To read that one, which you probably will need to do for this one to make clear sense, click on the blue 7 at the top of the page. I penned this posting because a long time ago I heard it said in some cases inquiring minds do want to know.)

Deborah Spiwak, told Judge R. Lee Smith she knew her grandson "had to be punished for his actions," but pleaded, "please don't take him out of our lives forever-I know there's some good in Aiden."

Some good? I suppose it becomes a grandparent's obligation to stand by their grandchild even if he is a confessed, first degree, premediated, cold-blooded, killer. Conspicuously absent from his sentencing were any comments of support from Fucci's mother or his step-father. While there is no justification for Fucci's actions, how many volumes does that speak?

Judge Smith responded, "Heinous, atrocious and cruel."

That's how he described Fucci's murder orchestrated for only one reason. Fucci wanted to feel what it was like to kill someone. This became the predominant factor in his sentence.

Judge Smith ruled, "It {Fucci's crime} was committed in a cold, calculated and premeditated manner without any pretense for moral or legal justification."

114 stab wounds, 49 of them defensive, and 6 lethal, in Bailey's head, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, and back led to Judge Smith stating, "She {Tristyn Bailey} suffered a painful, horrifying death from someone she trusted. There was a heightened level of premeditation in this case."

Though considered, Fucci's age, mental capacity, background, effect of his crime on the victim's family, and possibility of rehabilitation did not sway the judge's decision. He also reviewed Fucci's fairly normal home environment, his acknowledged learning and discipline school issues, and the Defense Attorney's claim Fucci heard voices in his head telling him to kill. Likewise, they did not sway the judge's decision.

Judge Smith sentenced Fucci to the maximum of life in prison. Under Florida statute, Fucci will {though this writer does not feel this benefit is warranted} receive an automatic review of his sentence after he serves 25 years in prison. However, 40 years is the minimum amount of time he will serve.

The judge said, "I would submit this case was the most difficult and shocking that this county has dealt with."

Upon being sentenced to life in prison, Fucci's response was to display little reaction.

The victim's father, Forrest Bailey, spoke about the dangers of children involved in social media and technology. He said the Fucci's felt "insincerity" in their apologies and should start to accept more responsibility. However, he also stated they should not be mistreated because of what Fucci did on his own. Not sure that would be my sentiment in this situation.

Why has it become young people have lost all respect for life and living? Aiden Fucci certainly did. Now, he gets to spend the rest of his life {perhaps short as it may be} in the one place he belongs...the confines of a maximum security prison.

A timeline of Tristyn Bailey's murder:

On Saturday, May 8, 2021, at 1145pm, the Bailey family returned home after an evening out. Around midnight, Tristyn Bailey's sister saw her for the last time. Tristyn was supposed to be in bed sleeping, which means she snuck out of the house to meet Fucci. A home video camera placed the two of them walking together on Saddlestone Drive at 1230am, on Sunday, May 9, 2021.

At 3:30am, on Sunday, May 9, video from that same residence showed Fucci walking alone in the opposite direction he and Tristyn Bailey traveled earlier.

At 6:06pm, on Sunday, May 9, a local resident found Bailey's dead body in woods east of a cul-de-sac on Saddlestone Drive.

At 12:44am, (44 minutes after midnight), on Monday, May 10, police found a knife sheath, wet white Nike shoes with blood on them, a t-shirt with blood on it, a pair of jeans with blood on them in a laundry basket, and a piece of paper with handwriting, and blood, on it in the Fucci residence. Found at the crime scene, a knife that belonged to Fucci was linked to a fragment in Tristyn Bailey's murder.

At 11:30am, on Monday, May 10, Fucci was arrested and charged with second degree murder. Two weeks later, the charge was upgraded to first degree murder.

As Paul Harvey famously proclaimed, "Now, you know the rest of the story."

You didn't ask...but!

Recognized

Author Notes
This is Evan, by Lilibug6, selected to complement my posting.

     

© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement