FanStory.com - Quiet Lawyer Chapter 28 Bby barbara.wilkey
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ali initiates an intimate moment.
Quiet Lawyer
: Quiet Lawyer Chapter 28 B by barbara.wilkey

Background
Nothing mends a broken heart, like someone wonderful giving you theirs. Will Cordero give his heart to Alexandra? If he does, will she accept it? Will Alexandra discover who she is?

Cordero and Alexandra met 53 days ago.

PREVIOUS POST:

Alexandra studied a paper in her hand. "Excuse me. I need to file this with the clerk before I forget."

Sean watched her walk away, and then glanced at Cordero. "So, I'll get to watch her in court again?"

"You will. She's trying to get Rogers to pay Lisa Johnson's doctor's bills for maternity appointments."

"Are you saying when he raped her, she got pregnant?"

"Yep. Since her husband died there was no reason for her to pay for maternity insurance."

"It never stops with that man." The judge paused. "Cord, Alexandra's a good woman. You need to marry her before somebody else snatches her up."

"I'm going to give it my best shot."

TODAY'S POST:

Chapter 28 B

After dinner, Cordero studied Alexandra's ankle. "I'm glad you wore sensible shoes while in court today. There's very little swelling." His eyes met hers. "Think you're up for a short moonlit walk?"

When she nodded, he opened the glass sliding door. "We'll go this way in case your ankle acts up. Our bench is close."

"But then I won't have my cowboy riding his almost white steed to rescue his damsel in distress."

Cordero chuckled. "Like I've said before you're hardly a damsel in distress. I watched you in court today. Rogers didn't have a chance." He exhaled. "That being said, I'll always come to your aid." He leaned over and kissed her.

She returned it and initiated another. "I know."

He took her hand and led her away from the house, the pool, past the bench, and away from the glow of the house lights. Finally, he stopped and pointed to the sky. "The stars in all their glory."

"I've fallen in love with the Texas night sky."

Kissing the hand he still held, he asked, "Is that all you love about Texas?"

Alexandra tilted her head. "I love the beautiful nature, the domestic and wild animals." She hesitated. "I'm not too fond of the snakes." Smiling she added, "I love the Texas style of dancing and dressing." She held up a finger. "And the Mexican food."

Leaning in for a kiss, he asked. "Is that all you love?"

Releasing a deep breath, Alexandra said, "No. There's a very special..." She pointed. "Did you see that?"

He glanced in that direction. "What?" After watching in silence, he said, "It looks like a fast-moving storm rolling in. See the horizontal cloud front is heading this direction? It has wind and rain in it."

As they watched the storm move closer, Alexandra eye's widened. "I never realized lightning came in so many colors."

"Blue means there's hail. We'd better hurry." A blast of cooler wind hit them. "Too late. It's here." Cordero grabbed her hand. "Come on!"

As they got close to the pool, Samson ran between them and knocked Ali off-balance. Splash! "Help!"

Cordero and Samson jumped in as Alexandra fought the water.

Dog and owner worked together to get Alexandra to shallow water so Cordero could carry her out and into the house. He laid her on the dining room table.

Rosa came running with towels. "What happened?"

As Alexandra coughed up water, Cordero answered, "Samson knocked her in the pool. She can't swim."

Alexandra's eyes met Cordero's. "I was running as fast as I could. You didn't need to shove me in the pool."

He hugged her. "I didn't." He pointed at the large wet dog. "He did." He swallowed. "You scared me."

She glanced around and sat up. "I'm sorry. I'm making a mess."

Rosa handed her a towel. "Cord, take care of that dog. I'll help Ali."

*****
About an hour later Cordero knocked on Alexandra's bedroom door. "Ali, can I come in?"

"Of course." She looked around him. Where's your trusty buddy?"

"I banished him to my room. He's caused enough problems for one night. In the morning I'll take him to my place. Bob will take care of him."

"It's not his fault he was running for shelter. It's also not his fault I can't swim. It was an accident. Don't punish him."

"You shouldn't be his lawyer. You're the victim." Cordero paused. "I'll reconsider sending him away."

"Thank you. I'm hardly a victim." She paused and watched the lightning through the window.

Cordero held out his hand. "I think we can watch the storm from the front porch without getting wet."

She glanced at her clothes. "I'm in my P.J.'s."

He chuckled. "So? They cover you." Taking her hand, he said, "Come on. We'll sit on the porch swing and eat ice cream."

Laughing she said, "Do you do anything without ice cream?"

"Not if I can help it."

*****
After watching and commenting on the lightning strikes between bites, Alexandra set her bowl on a side table and cuddled into Cordero's chest.

He put his arms around her.

She cuddled closer.

He tightened his hold and kissed the top of her head. I wonder what this is about. Don't complain, dummy. After a few moments, he asked, "Is anything wrong?"

"No." She cuddled closer.

He, again, tightened his hold.

Alexandra moved away, their eyes met, she hesitated, and then leaned in for a kiss.

Between her jasmine perfume and the kiss, Cordero became intoxicated as her lips claimed his. The hunger within his loins intensified. He half opened an eye. I'm not dreaming.

He pulled her closer claiming not only her lips but her as his.

The scorching kisses seared his resolve.

Alexandra backed away, licked her lips, and another hungry kiss followed.

Cordero's senses were on fire.

Moving away, their eyes met as Alexandra stood.

I need to immediately marry this woman. Cordero watched her open the door and walk inside.

*****
Later Cordero knocked on Alexandra's bedroom door. "Ali, can I come in?"

She opened the door. "I don't think you'd better."

He swallowed. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Everything's too right." She closed the door.

~~~~~
I intentionally left off the accents on fiance and fiancee. I also intentionally left off the trema or dieresis on naive. I didn't want Evil Eddie adding all sorts of strange characters in my post. Thank you for understanding.
~~~~~~

~~~~
Hola is Spanish for hello.

Mi hijo & Mijo are Spanish for son. Jorge uses them often.

Bendecido is Spanish for blessed.

Querido is Spanish for dear or sweetheart.

De nada is Spanish for no problem or you're welcome.

Rancho de los Toros Salvajes is Spanish for Wild Bull Ranch.
~~~~~

CHARACTER LIST:

Cordero Ortiz: 'Cord' runs his parents' Texas ranch

Alexandra Black: 'Ali' is a New York City corporate lawyer, is a junior partner in huge family law firm

Jorge and Rosa Ortiz: Cordero's parents who own a large West Texas Ranch

Jim: One of the ranch foremen and best friend of Cordero. He takes care of the main house and surrounding ranch area.

Bob: One of the ranch foremen and good friend of Cordero. He works the entire ranch.

Pat Rogers: Bank owner, not a good person

Lester Brown: Pat Rogers lawyer

Sam Bailey: Lobo's Sheriff.

Dr. Bart Barnes: Town doctor

Judge Sean Pickett: County Judge

Tonia and Brent Black: Alexandra's parents

George Black Alexandra's grandpa

Luke: All around bad guy

Amy Harding: A lady who Pat Rogers raped during High School Prom, her son, Matthew

Alan Griffin Alexandra's ex



Recognized

Author Notes
My next post will be Thursday, 2/9/23. After today's post there are 3 posts left.

Thank you google images for an image of horizonal lightning strikes in the Texas sky. In my last post, I made a lot of changes as I posted and made numerous additional mistakes. I sure hope that's not the case this week. Sorry about that. This post is a little under 900 words. Thank you for your kind reviews and the support you've given me.

     

© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement