FanStory.com - Big Man Little Bodyby Douglas Goff
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Don't believe the Hollywood hype.
Big Man Little Body by Douglas Goff
Devil's Advocate writing prompt entry

My friend got a very bad rap on the Hollywood big screen. Allow me to give you some background on this misaligned gentleman’s early life, and maybe dear reader, you’ll understand his bad actions, snarky attitude, and misbehavior.

My friend made an unusual entry into this world. He was born with an abnormally large head. Popped out with a huge adult-sized melon. Yes, his head came out the same as it is today. Unfortunately, birthing that giant noggin led to his mother’s demise.

That misfortunate happenstance caused his father to hate him, leading to his name. He was so upset with the big-headed baby, that he named him after the realm’s term for a long toot. Not a six or seven second fluff, no one of those unbelievably long stinkers that leave people with their mouths hanging open.

Farquaad grew up rough. Although his small body never caught up with his big head, he still managed to become a lord. Then came the magic mirror, who I assure you is the true villainous charlatan of this tale.

Lord Farquaad wanted to be king, and let’s face it, who hasn’t? I mean we’ve all played checkers, destroying our enemies to be kinged. So, the mirror gave him three princesses to marry for his kingship. Who wouldn’t choose Fiona over a flamboyant narcoleptic snorer or a tawdry tart who lived with seven men, all shorter than him, plus she had a pension to eat food from strangers.

Then Farquaad’s beautiful prize turned into an ogre. Upsetting! Any of you ever kiss an ogre? It ain’t pleasant. Finally, he was eaten by a dragon and still called a villain. Name ONE fairytale where a main character has been devoured by a dragon and not portrayed as the victim? Farquaad was treated so unfair.



Writing Prompt
Pick you favorite villain. They can be from a book, cartoon, movie, fairytale, lore, or tv series, but must be fictional. You have 300 words or less to defend their actions and explain why they are so bad!

Author Notes
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.

     

© Copyright 2024. Douglas Goff All rights reserved.
Douglas Goff has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement