FanStory.com - When did I lose you?by prettybluebirds
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short story of loss
When did I lose you? by prettybluebirds
Flash Fiction contest entry
Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

When did I start to lose you? If I knew where to find you, this is what I'd like to know. But no one will tell me where you are, and maybe no one really knows. I asked my best friend, and she said you are everywhere. What kind of answer is that?
 
You weren't around when my son needed you; you let him die out there in the woods. Where were you? Perhaps then is when I lost you forever. 
 
After my first child died, I still felt you were there somewhere. When my second son died, I wondered what I had done to make you abandon me. Where were you?
 
No one will tell me where you are. Does anyone know? If I knew where to find you, this is what I need to understand. Why did you leave me alone? When did I start to lose you?

Recognized

Author Notes
This is fiction. I did lose all three of my sons, but I never felt the way the story implies. I only mention two sons here, too.

     

© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement