FanStory.com - Ch-ch-changesby GWHARGIS
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Not about David Bowie
Ch-ch-changes by GWHARGIS

Every morning, I get up around 6:45.  I wash my face, brush my hair, and get dressed.  I mosey upstairs to where the coffee maker sits on the counter.  
 
I love this part of the day.  It's mine.  I don't have to share it with anyone.  After I brew my cup of joe, I take it to the living room, light a candle on the table, and just sit in the quiet ambiance.
 
This is my thinking time.  I have trained myself, over the past few years, not to go over negative things.  I don't relive yesterday's problems.  I don't rehash arguments or hurtful things.  Instead, I think about the possibilities or opportunities of this new day.  I pray for friends and family.  I breathe deep and listen to the delicious quiet of the house.
 
For far too many years, I would waste time with the thoughts of why and it's not fair,tossing around in my head.  I replaced those thoughts by saying to myself, it is what it is.
 
Those words need no further discussion.  Some things you can change and some you can't.   These days I focus on acceptance and appreciation.  Both of situations and people.  
 
I feel like every situation I go through has a purpose.  The recognition of the reason may be almost immediate, or it may take years to understand.
 
It takes a while to be comfortable with quiet.  If you're unsure of yourself, insecure, or don't want to face some thoughts in your head, quiet will seem like a punishment.  But to me, it has opened me up to viewing my life differently.  
 
Age changes a person.  Some of those changes are tough to accept. But this is one change, I'm okay with.
 
Now, turn off the background noise, pour yourself a steaming cup of coffee, and just breathe.

Recognized

Author Notes
Food for thought.

     

© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement