FanStory.com - Wind Harpby Gypsy Blue Rose
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
3/8/5 Modern Senryu
One Thousand Cranes
: Wind Harp by Gypsy Blue Rose
For Rules, Please Read My Author Notes

 

wind harp howls

      an ethereal melody —

vacant nursery

 

 


Author Notes
The wind harp is a musical instrument that is played by the wind. It's a wooden box including a sounding board, with strings stretched lengthwise across two bridges. It is often placed in a slightly opened window where the wind can blow across the strings to produce sounds.

MODERN SENRYU is a Japanese poem with a title that deepens its meaning. Senryu is similar to Haiku but It's about human nature and it doesn't include a season word (kigo). It's written in one to four lines with no strict syllable count, but brief. These poems use a pause usually marked by a dash before the satori (an insightful twist to ponder). Alliteration and metaphor are okay. Never rhymes. the em-dash ( -- ) is used to emphasize an interruption in speech before the satori.

for more information click here collection of senryu ***** The Haiku Foundation of America

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review my poem.

Gypsy
"The poet waits quietly to paint the unsaid." -Atticus

     

© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement