FanStory.com - Beth, Scene 2by Fleedleflump
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Beth tries another approach with her captor
Beth
: Beth, Scene 2 by Fleedleflump

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.

PREVIOUSLY: We meet Beth, who seems to be having a conversation with her therapist, and tries to get under his skin with sexual language and teasing. As the scene ends, we discover she is in fact being held captive.


-----


INT SMALL STUDY ROOM. BETH is rubbing at her ankle around the manacle that’s chained to a loop in the floor. She's perched on a chaise lounge. At the end of it is a bucket. The room looks like a study, with books on shelves and a large leather armchair.

BETH
(to self)
What to do, Bethy, what to do? We tried frightened. Well, we didn’t really need to try at first, did we, Bethy? He was clearly ready for that. It just seemed to bore him. And we’ve tried sexy. He liked that, didn’t he, Bethy? He liked us sexy, but he stayed in control.

She sits back on the chaise lounge, casting a slow look around the room.

BETH
(still to self)
Are you actually a therapist, dude? The room’s just about boring enough. Huh. Maybe that’s the key.

Footsteps sound from outside the door, and presently DENNIS enters. He’s dressed smartly.

BETH
What’s with the penguin suit - are you going to an awards ceremony? Did you get shortlisted for Boredville’s annual ‘who’s the most boring bore award’ by the boredom committee?

DENNIS sits in his chair, facing her. His mouth twitches but otherwise he’s expressionless.

BETH
Aw, come on. The suit’s even grey. You couldn’t look any more bland.

DENNIS
(steeples fingers beneath chin)
Are you not going to call me Daddy or Jesus today?

BETH
(shrugs expansively)
Well, let’s be honest, mate, you’d need to get laid to be someone’s daddy, and that suit would put any female to sleep. Your dick’s probably bored of being attached to you. I bet it takes some little blue party poppers to start a conversation downstairs.

BETH pauses momentarily to match gazes with DENNIS. He hasn’t moved a muscle while she’s been talking.

BETH
And as for Jesus, I can’t imagine you turning water into wine. Where the ladies are concerned, more like turning marshlands into the fucking desert, if you get my drift.

DENNIS
To borrow a phrase from rebellious fictional characters, you don’t know me.

BETH
(spontaneously laughs out loud)
Oh, please. Having some books on pop psychology and a metal restraint in your secret room doesn’t make you mysterious. It makes you a tedious movie cliche - a typical guy who wants power over a woman. I bet there’s a place in your head where you think I’ll eventually realise I love you, and I’ll be turned on and I’ll beg you to fuck me in ways only you can teach me. Because you’re, you know, SO experienced.

DENNIS
You already did that, remember?

BETH
And for a few moments, you bought it. I could see it. You did what every boring limpdick loser does - you believed it because you wanted to. It’s the oldest story in the book - if you believe it hard enough, it might happen.

DENNIS
(smiles)
Now who’s reaching for pop psychology?

BETH
What’s the matter - didn’t realise you had someone with a brain on your hands?

DENNIS
On the contrary, it’s your mind I’m most interested in.

BETH
Hah! I KNEW your dick didn’t work.

DENNIS
This is not constructive. It serves only to delay and obfuscate. We cannot make progress if you’re busy insulting me.

BETH
The only progress I’m interested in is getting this manacle off my foot. So, oh grand one, what do we need to do for that to happen?

DENNIS studies her for a while, fidgeting with his legs but stock still up top, fingers still held together beneath his face.

DENNIS
I want to make progress, but I feel a little disrespected, and that makes it difficult to speak to you with a clear mind.

BETH
(slumps back against the wall)
For fuck’s sake, how fragile are you? You have me chained up, you can talk at me whenever you want, and I’m here, talking back. You’re in control, you have the power, this is what you want. So can we get the fuck on with it?

DENNIS
(standing up)
We’re not going to get anything done while you’re being like this, and I can’t be late. We will try again soon, and I expect you to be more open to the process.

BETH
Fine. Go suck some dicks at your awards ceremony. Don’t be surprised if they fall asleep while you’re doing it, though.

DENNIS
Enough! I … I cannot brook this attitude. If we are to get anywhere with this, we must be having productive discussions, not … not insulting my manhood!

He kicks the chair he’d been sitting in and storms to the door, opening it to leave.

BETH
What, no parting words?

DENNIS
I thought you were different. I thought this could be beautiful. But now I realise you might be just like the others.

He slams the door behind him and there’s the sound of a key being turned and retreating footsteps. BETH leans forward once again, idly massaging her manacled ankle.

BETH
(to self)
Others?



 

Recognized

Author Notes
I hope you enjoyed this continuation. After receiving most votes from reviewers, Beth's script will be the one I work on first. I'll get to Like Father as well, but that will be further down the line. My thanks to everyone who expressed a preference :-).

Mike

     

© Copyright 2024. Fleedleflump All rights reserved.
Fleedleflump has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement