FanStory.com - A Lenten Heartby dovemarie
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Lent 2022, Week 3 contest entry
Verse and Story for 2022
: A Lenten Heart by dovemarie
Lent 2022, Week 3 contest entry

Conversion of heart is always a main part of the Lenten season. I feel like a weathervane that goes back and forth according to the winds of my feelings and experiences. With Confession, I convert and turn back to my resolution of not letting anger get hold of me, and with fasting (I am trying to give up meat for the Fridays of Lent) I feel as though I am giving up my habit of anger and impatience. The readings in the Bible talk about serving, not being served, and I try to do that in my responsibilities in the Church -- lectoring, altar serving, distributing Holy Communion, singing, and writing religious poetry. I have taken on some responsibility as an Oblate Lay Associate. I have proposed that a Mass be celebrated each season, for everybody's intentions. The proposal was accepted, and the first Mass will take place at our Shrine on March 21, the first day of Spring. I also direct people who are coming to Confession, telling them which priest is available, giving them information in the bulletin, and in general being a friendly greeter to them when they come in to the Shrine. Prayer, fasting and almsgiving are the three main tenets of this season, and I will be giving up meat today, March 18. I am an adorer at two churches, the Shrine and another local church. Additionally, I volunteer to fill in when someone can't make their Adoration hour. In serving and ministering, I feel blessed.

Author Notes
This Lenten season is one of the best I have ever had. Thanks to Pixabay

     

© Copyright 2024. dovemarie All rights reserved.
dovemarie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement