FanStory.com - Best Dayby Bridge
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A biographical piece
Best Day by Bridge
Best Day Ever contest entry

The best day of my life was the day my son was born. He was a couple of days overdue. As I was planning to go to bed I felt some discomfort . I have always been a night owl and everyone was fast asleep by the time. I woke up my mum and told her to be ready and packed to go to the hospital early in the morning. My parents had come from overseas to help with the delivery of their grandchild.

Just as dawn was breaking my parents, hubby and I set off for the hospital. At the hospital the nurse showed us to the delivery room and settled us in. She told us we'd need to be patient.

Slowly the pain increased and soon I was drowning in pain. It was then I decided to get an epidural. After the epidural kicked things became bearable until it was time to push. I delivered a healthy baby boy. He was small and weighed 3.5 kg .

After the delivery the nurse helped me take a shower. After that it was lunch time. I was ravenous ! I had not eaten anything for the last 18 hours. Then my baby and I were taken to another room. It was a room with breathtaking views. I was told to rest as my babies usually sleep for a while after they are born.

I can't really pinpoint the exact reason but whenever I look back to that day I feel happy.

     

© Copyright 2024. Bridge All rights reserved.
Bridge has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement