FanStory.com - Negotiating Lifeby Jesse James Doty
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Following my dream
Negotiating Life by Jesse James Doty


Following my dream of walking again unaided, I was working as hard as I could with my home health PT and OT to do just that. I have been walking down the hallway with the help of a two wheeled walker all the way to the end where a window with a beautiful view was there waiting for me to make my dream a reality. Each time I walked it I was getting stronger I was walking with more confidence I was doing it!

After years of getting it wrong, I was finally getting it right.
Now, I find that there is always a yin-yang idea to life.

Yesterday I found out that a program named PACE that I thought would be the answer to everything turned out to be not as good a fit as I thought it should be.

Plus, I found out that my home health would be ending as of today. My PT advised me that I needed to get my left knee looked at by UCSF Orthopaedic Institute right away. So, I took the news as best as I could and called the institute as soon as the therapist had gone.

They surprisingly arranged for an appointment with a specialist on the first call. They set up the appointment for later on this same month. I had to act fast, so I looked up hotels in the area and priced them, and found one that suited mine and David's needs. I booked it right away and rested after a long day of getting things done!

This puts a whole new spin on my writing, and I once again learn, that I am still negotiating life.

I still have a lot of hurdles to jump before I will be able to walk freely without any aid at all, but I am hopeful and keeping the dream alive!

Thus, I take a pledge to honor my integrity and choose the things that make a life whole.
Where I have a high quality of life.
It is my choice to make my life worth living!


Recognized

Author Notes
Thank you for reading.

     

© Copyright 2024. Jesse James Doty All rights reserved.
Jesse James Doty has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement