FanStory.com - Shyness by Joanne Gill-Maddick
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
It was a struggle to fit in
Shyness by Joanne Gill-Maddick
Emotion writing prompt entry

Shyness is an emotion I always struggled to overcome.

Back in the day I was so shy to the point I was feeling numb.

I struggled to fit in throughout high school I felt I was bullied too.

I never had the courage to do the things I really wanted to do.

I was so shy I couldn't stand up for myself I allowed people to walk over me.

For many years I wore a mask and wouldn't allow the world to see.

The person behind the mask was hiding a lot of pain.

It took a long time for the mask to come off but still the scars remain.

Today it's still a struggle but I'm proud of how far I have come.

I've learned new skills that brought me out of my shell and I can see the sun shine again.

I'm thankful for the supports and help I received that gave me a new lease on life.

Today I don't see myself as shy, just a quiet girl who has finally found her voice.

 


Writing Prompt
Write a poem of an emotion you personally felt about another person or yourself.
Admiration, Shyness, Pride, Disgust, Fear, Sorrow....Any emotion.
The emotion should be towards a human being, no animals or inspirational subject.
Any style of poetry. It can be short or long.
No pictures. No special fonts. Just a poem.
Have your words convey your message.

Author Notes
I struggled all throughout my teenage years shyness crippled me to the point of not being able to talk. I missed out on some things I wanted to do because of my shyness.

     

© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement