FanStory.com - Monkeys in Charge?by Dick Waters
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Using all the letters in the alphabet...
Monkeys in Charge? by Dick Waters

Title: Monkeys in Charge?
 
At the zoo entrance, a boy watched in disbelief as a second blue baby carriage charged past, doing darn near the equivalent of eighteen miles an hour.

Fortunately, the elderly, and possible great grandparents holding hands in the intersection crosswalk were not injured.

Just as the carriage missed everyone, a midget car filled with clowns from the visiting circus beeped its bicycle horn. It looked like it was trying to catch up to the last baby carriage.
 
People with 'Juror' badges, jumped back onto the sidewalk.

The scene was kind of like the three Stooges, but truly people could have been injured, or even worse, killed.

Many more people gathered to watch the strange show. The police had just arrived and pushed people back onto the street corners.

Quite a scene!

Reporters charged from a van to verify and record what everyone had witnessed.

Cameras flashed as monkeys riding skateboards zoomed from an alleyway, some were wearing colored bras. Many were pink to remember breast cancer awareness month.

Up until that moment, I forgot I was eating an ice cream cone, which was now dripping down off my hand.

I heard the chop chop of a helicopter. One of the policemen ran with his arms extended, and painted a giant X at the intersection, reminding me of the giant X on our Xerox building. The helicopter landed. One of the men with a bullhorn asked if anyone had seen baby carriages. Many of us pointed down the street.

The next day we read in the papers it was a movie shoot for the annual Zoo lights, which opens for visitors the day after Thanksgiving. 'The explanation of the baby carriages – ‘Don't forget to take even your youngest to the Zoo light show.'
 

Author Notes
Image - Courtesy of Google Images

     

© Copyright 2024. Dick Waters All rights reserved.
Dick Waters has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement