FanStory.com - Oxymoronic Mask Mandateby Elizabeth Emerald
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The paradox of ''protective'' half-measures
Oxymoronic Mask Mandate by Elizabeth Emerald
Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

























This afternoon, I attended a recital in a church sanctuary. Alternate pews were blocked, so as to maintain distancing. Attendees were required to wear face masks throughout the performance.

The first performer, a classical pianist, was permitted to remove her mask. The second performer, an innovative jazz guitarist, elected to stay masked.

The third act was a duet. The unmasked pair belted out show tunes as they meandered down the aisle and wove between rows, so as to interact with the audience.

After the performance, all were invited to partake of cookies and punch in a large recreation room.

Two dozen chairs had been arranged, arm to arm, in a tight, two-row semicircle, four feet in front of the refreshment table. 

After serving themselves, the guests nestled amongst the array of seats, raised their cups, and yanked off their masks.

* * * * * *

Thus concludes yet another nonsensical entry in the annals of Coronaphobia.



 

Recognized

Author Notes
What's With the Masks? by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement