FanStory.com - Convenient Excuseby Elizabeth Emerald
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sleeplessness traded for disturbing dream
Convenient Excuse by Elizabeth Emerald

My name is Liz and I am not an addict.

Notwithstanding which, I am lately reliant on a half-of-a-half-of-a-half milligram of Xanax in order to eke out six hours of sleep.

Doing the math ... I snap a 0.5 mg tablet along its "fault line," then break each of the remaining 0.25 mg pieces into (roughly) halves; ergo: four sections of approximately 0.125 mg per = one-eighth of a milligram. 

My friend Chuck deems my dose tantamount to placebo.

Regardless, I have developed a tolerance of sorts, such that a single placebo sometimes does not suffice.

This morning, I woke at 6 a.m., having gone to sleep at 2 a.m. Doing the math ... duh! ... not enough sleep!

After 45 minutes of alertness, accompanied by a rumbling stomach, I took another shard of Xanax, ate an apple, and drifted off at 7:30.

I awoke with a start at 10:30, groggy, grasping a hank of my hair.

I yanked myself to attention, lest I fall back into my dream: I'd gone to the hairdresser and ended up with a choppy brown bob. 

This is a true story. Had it not been, I'd have made it up so as to have a reason to post another photo of my platinum-pink hair.

Which, alas, due to the poor exposure, looks platinum-grey. 

* * * * * *

This picture of my daughter, Lauren, and me was taken the day before my son's wedding; a tinge of pink is visible in the blurry, but better-lit, photo I posted two days ago. 
 



 

Recognized

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement