FanStory.com - Willie Goes Fishingby T B Botts
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Life happens, even to the young
Willie Goes Fishing by T B Botts
Fortunately contest entry
Artwork by Lilibug6 at FanArtReview.com

Fortunately school got out early. Unfortunately Willie's bike had a flat tire and he had to walk the twelve blocks home. Fortunately his mom had left brownies and milk for him. Unfortunately Willie had a cavity that radiated pain through his tooth with every bite. Fortunately he had a high tolerance for pain and decided to go fishing to take his mind off of the tooth. Unfortunately Willie's rod was broken. Fortunately there was another rod in the garage he could use. Unfortunately he had no bait. Fortunately he was able to dig some worms from the garden. Unfortunately he had no can to put them in. Fortunately he put them in his pocket. Unfortunately when he got to the nearby creek someone was in his favorite spot. Fortunately Willie found another pool that looked promising. Unfortunately after he baited the hook and cast out, he put the rod on the ground and got distracted. Fortunately a big carp bit his bait. Unfortunately it pulled the rod into the water where it sank out of sight. Fortunately the other fisherman snagged Willie's rod and gave it back to him.

Author Notes
I actually had a carp take a rod that I had left unattended on the bank. In an unexpected bit of good fortune, I managed to snag the rod and got it and the fish back. In my life, that was an unusual event.

     

© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement