FanStory.com - Middle Class Taxes Are Coming! by Brett Matthew West
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Higher taxes on the middle class inevitable
Biden Fiasco
: Middle Class Taxes Are Coming! by Brett Matthew West

In a previous essay I posted in the Politics forum, and received a lot of criticism for, I brazenly predicted Biden would soon be raising taxes on the middle class to help pay for his infrastructure legislation.

Guess what? Republicans, Democrats, and Independents across the board agree with that assessment. Moreover, so do American allies and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Sean Patrick Maloney. His comment follows below. I still, even more so, stand by my prediction.

Although Biden stated he would not raise taxes on the middle class to pay for his infrastructure legislation that is larger than the economy of England, simply stated most voters do not believe him. Suppose that is what happens when Biden's proven track record is to say one thing then repeatedly do the complete opposite as he has done over the almost 40 years he has been involved in national politics. I almost want to say to the voters who supported Biden, of which I definitely am not one, you will get exactly what you asked for. But, I won't. At least, not yet. That could be viewed as sour grapes.

A recent RMG Research poll indicated 61% of registered voters believe higher taxes on the middle class are coming much sooner than later. The concern is so much so that Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chair Sean Patrick Maloney confided in CNN, "If the election was held today we (the Democrats) would lose."

It looks like Biden has got his own party spooked..again. Right they should be. After all, the midterm elections are coming in 2022. Half the Democrats polled agreed they thought higher taxes on the middle class are headed their way. For Independents it was 44%, and for Republicans a whopping 83%. Even American allies are worried by Biden's legislation. Why? They all know there has to be much more to the story than Biden has let on so far. Isn't there always? Regardless of what Biden apparently believes voters are not stupid.

Biden's extravagantly high spending is already affecting the wallets of all American taxpayers, and will end up harming the middle class the most. If you stop and consider, one way these effects are being felt is through Bidenflation (the fact inflation has risen steadily higher and higher each month of Biden's presidency. The end of this does not appear to be anywhere in sight). Another are the soaring prices for most goods and services. Have you paid for gasoline for your car lately? A national debt that is skyrocketing out of control is a third, with the national debt ceiling needing to be raised to contain it. Said and done, the debt ceiling is expected to balloon to 200 times the GDP, and, Biden's spending spree has only just begun.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee had several pollsters trial run messages in six swing states. Their concern about the 2022 midterm elections is that strong. They have even planned a country-wide bus tour featuring state and local leaders. Their worry? How to keep the support of the middle class once Biden raises their taxes.

The ball is definitely in Biden's court. How is he going to pull this one off? Everyone knows Biden never follows through on his promises. Ask 1800 Americans who lost family members in the 9-11 attacks about that one. Why should anyone in their right mind believe Biden will not raise taxes on the middle class? They're coming. That is inevitable.

Author Notes
Cat Got Your Tongue, by Lauryl Dawn, selected to complement my essay.

So, thanks Lauryl Dawn, for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my essay.






The stated opinions in this essay are my own.

     

© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement