FanStory.com - Leaders reflect us...by royowen
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Philosophical Poem
Leaders reflect us... by royowen

(Us)
The mirror's here, what do you see,
a perfect image, pure, fault free?
Or can those blemished marks you view
condemn your soul when glued to you!

(Politicians)
So just like us, they're not blame free,
our leaders bleed like you and me.
They aren't imported overseas,
or stored away, thawed from deep freeze.

(Us)
So why accuse them, (those who serve)?
They're never drawn from saint's preserve.
If you are clean, no blemished soul,
then you can judge those black as coal.

But if you're not; why then accuse,
condemning those, you slate, abuse?
If we're not pure or innocent.
we're hypocrites - not Heaven sent.

I've uttered lies; few times told truth
so I judge not the aged nor youth.
For only God, and He alone,
can judge the heart of flesh and bone.

(Politicians reflect the people electing them, otherwise why vote?)
R.Owen 3/07/2021

Recognized

Author Notes
I�¢??ve witnessed the constant blame gain heaped on politicians and their lack of truthfulness and integrity. The Christian should know better, God urges them to pray for them, not to criticise them, mainly because He chose them, so in fact we�¢??re critical of God! (1Timothy 2:1-3)

They are actually chosen by our own people �¢??The government of the people, by the people, for the people�¢?? (Gettysburg address)
And they are people like you and me, they are chosen from our number, our opinions of them may cause them to act as we want them to act, whether we lift them up in support and praise, or not.
Yes, they may actually want to please you, or alternatively, the reverse could be true! I know they may have one or two �¢??normal�¢?? people that don�¢??t always tell the truth, (like you and me) But praise and kindness reaps greater rewards than cruel words. Would you like your kids to hear bad things said of you? What�¢??s the saying? You may get the government you need, or the government you deserve!

Proverbs 18:21 �¢??The power of life and death are in the tongue, and those that love it will eat its fruit�¢??

James 3:4 �¢??And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go even though the winds are strong.�¢??

Proverbs 26:20 �¢??Without wood, a fire will go out, and without gossip, quarrelling will stop.�¢??

This is not religion, it�¢??s common sense!

Thanks for reading. R.Owen

     

© Copyright 2024. royowen All rights reserved.
royowen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement