FanStory.com - To Carryby papa55mike
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
To find the truth we must journey into our hearts.
To Carry by papa55mike

in walking the roads throughout the land
I've dined with leaders, priests, and dignitaries
blessed with spacious surroundings and
it is wealth that brings these pleasantries

my servants travel with me on this worn path
from village to castle passing by the simple dwellings
this journey is to gather the unknown truth
why the mind is fraught with evil musings

is there an answer somewhere
and will wisdom take us there?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ~~~~~

On the trail, we came upon a man who carried a heavy load of wood. His burden is so massive that his nose almost touched the path. I motioned for my servants to stand aside and let him pass.

He nodded to me then said, "Thank you, Sir."

The man hobbled by me, every step a painful motion, but his determination was evident. "My, friend. Will you rest a moment and take refreshment with me?"

The man stopped, and with a wary eye, answered, "If it pleases you, my Lord. How can I refuse?" Then he rolled his burden onto the ground and smiled. I could see the years have been cruel to him on his face, but kindness fills his eyes. His clothes are rags sewn together by a loving hand. "Sir, I cannot stay long, for darkness will soon overtake me."

"Please, sit beside me. Servants, attend us." The servants set out pillows and assembled a meal of bread, meat, wine, and water on a blanket. The man sat and began to weep. "Why do you weep, my friend?"

"For you offer me so much. I have not seen this amount of food in many years. How can I eat when my wife is hungry and alone?"

The Baron's heart is deeply touched. "Then we will journey to your home, my friend, and feast."

"Let me shoulder my load, and with a grateful heart, I will lead the way."

"No, my friend. I will carry your burden, and you will lead."

                                      
                          ~~~~

I see their blank stares
burdens rend their hearts and souls
can I ease their pain?

 

Recognized

Author Notes
This is my first attempt at a Haibun. Another picture from my recent safari.

Do we carry another's burdens or let them shuffle along with their lives, mired in the muck? In Galatians, chapter 6, verse 2, Paul encourages us to "bear one another's burdens, and in this way, you fulfill the law of Messiah."

In the Sermon on the Mount, our Lord said in Matthew, Chapter 5, verse 41, "If a soldier forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles." Can we go the extra mile if needed? Personally, I know this is something I need to work on.

Many thanks for stopping by to read!
Have a great day, and God bless.
mike

     

© Copyright 2024. papa55mike All rights reserved.
papa55mike has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement