FanStory.com - Earth ''Week'' in Perpetuityby Elizabeth Emerald
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Town's Testament to Trash Still Stands
Earth ''Week'' in Perpetuity by Elizabeth Emerald
Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com












In the event you didn't have the pleasure (?) of perusing my prior posting on this sorry subject, here's the recap:


A six-piece pole-pipe-and-wire construction, alliteratively christened "litter-letters" (R-E-D-U-C-E: get it?), had been installed last week on the town common, in commemoration of Earth Week. Each of the letters was fashioned as an six-foot-tall "chicken-coop," intended to hold recyclables collected on the designated "clean-up-the-city" day. (Good luck with that.) Whilst the ineffectual effort was underway, and in the days thereafter, the receptacles were junked up with sundry trash deposited by "helpful" citizens. The monstro stunning sculptures were to have been demolished last Friday.

They weren't.

I was dismayed to behold the six-pack of eyesores this afternoon, during my visit to my friend Scott, who has the misfortune to reside directly across from the messterpiece. 

Scott told me that yesterday morning he'd engaged a woman who was passing by, waxing eloquent about the "artistry" of the structure, skillfully interweaving the words "hideous," "abomination," and "sucks." 

When Scott interrupted his tirade to breathe, the lady said: I was on that project planning committee. 






 



 
 

Recognized

Author Notes
Rainbow Dragons by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement