FanStory.com - Warm Summer Nightby Gypsy Blue Rose
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Tanka for the Japanese Poetry Club Event
Warm Summer Night by Gypsy Blue Rose
To Join the Japanese Poetry Club, please check the clubs link on Author Notes

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of sexual content.
 

warm summer night

soaked with alluring ripe blooms —

moonbeam on bare skin

reflects on shiny sweat beads

remnant of our lovemaking


 

Author Notes
JAPANESE POETRY CLUB

Join us if you want to learn how to write Japanese Poetry or share what you know. We have a new challenge every Saturday. We will learn to write Tanka, Senryu, Sedoka, Katauta, Haibun, etc. If you have ANY questions, please send a message to me, Gypsy Blue Rose. Just click on the CLUBS link and look for the Japanese Poetry Club.
*****************************************************************

TANKA is a Japanese poetic form that originated in the Japanese Imperial Court, where nobles competed in tanka contests and for men and women engaged in courtship. Created 1,200 years ago, it can embrace all of the human experience in its brief space with emotions of love, pity, suffering, loneliness, or death.

Tanka is succinct and may not exceed 31 syllables (5/7/5/7/7) BUT IT CAN BE LESS THAN 31 in a short/long/short/long/long format because Japanese and English syllables are not the same. Personification, metaphor, simile are permitted in Tanka. Capitalization and punctuation should only be used when necessary. No end rhymes. Alliteration should be avoided or used sparingly. A pivot line, usually line 3, can be read sensibly with lines 1 and 2, and also sensibly with lines 4 and 5, a property which can be used to introduce ambiguity and resonance into the poem.
click here for source of tanka rules, Tanka Society of America



     

© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement