FanStory.com - Alone and Forgottenby T B Botts
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
With Covid, there has been an increase in isolation
Alone and Forgotten by T B Botts
The Prisoner writing prompt entry

She stood with one hand on the refrigerator door, peering inside. The milk was all gone, she'd dribbled the last of it into her coffee yesterday. In one drawer there were a few slices of lunchmeat, sliced ham, and a little bit of cheese. There might be enough bread to make a sandwich, but then what? She'd lived through the depression and World War Two and never experienced the fear and loneliness that she felt now. The news said to isolate, the risk for her was great. Too afraid to even visit her neighbor of forty years. She sighs.

Writing Prompt
In 100 words, or less, write a short story--not necessarily a flash-fiction, though it could be--on the theme/subject/topic of 'prisoner'. It could be literal or metaphoric.

Author Notes
Covid has radically changed the way people live around the world. Too many people have been left to fend for themselves, while those making the rules are oblivious or worse yet, apathetic to the plight of the people they supposedly represent. The main stream news media has been complicit in spreading the fear and unrest that is gripping this country and the rest of the world. We don't need more government intervention, we need for people to return to the biblical principals that kept this nation prosperous in the past. Love your neighbor as yourself. What a different world it would be.

     

© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement