FanStory.com - Who ya gonna call: Scam Busters!by Elizabeth Emerald
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Suspicious of Phishing? Check it out! Here's how:
Who ya gonna call: Scam Busters! by Elizabeth Emerald
Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

This morning, as I was sauntering off to StoryLand, my phone rang. Not recognizing the caller, I declined to pick up. (Truth be told, I rarely do regardless; sojourns in StoryLand trump all.) 

As I finished my glass of water, I listened to the message.

Transcribed, below, word-for-word; note the abrupt beginning and two errors [sic]: 


---and 79 dollar [sic] on your Visa card. If you have made this purchase on Amazon and recognize it, then simply hang up and your order will be delivered to you. However, if you have not made any such transaction then please [comma] press one to talk [sic] our agent, or you can call us immediately on 878-309-0871. 

The caller ID was Cell Phone IL; 618-681-3393.

I called it back.

*Ta-da!* The number you dialed is not a working number. 


I punched the number in Google:

*Ta-da!* 


*lookup.robokiller.com*

(878) 309-0871 is a Scam Call

By submitting a comment, you give us permission to publish your comment publicly.

3 user reports for (878) 309-0871 (mine was the third)



*findwhocallsyou.com*

This number has 10 reports and it was searched 245 times.

• If you think this number 8783090871 is a unrecognized caller or simply interrupts you, leave comment to others!

• Last time reported: 07 Apr 2021 [at] 01:30 PM 
(by me, after I'd perused the nine others, all similar.)



Per their website [verbatim; boldface as rendered]:

This is a user supplied database of phone numbers, where everyone can inform about:
  • Telemarketers;
  • Non-profit organizations;
  • SCAM artists;
  • Other persons or organizations who simply interrupt you.
Got unwanted call from stranger? Here you can find information about number. Inform others with comments about strange calls you get. Maybe you are not the only one getting same strange calls?!


 

Recognized

Author Notes
Telephone Booth by VMarguarite on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!

     

© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement