FanStory.com - A land where dreams come true by Joanne Gill-Maddick
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I believe in magic
A land where dreams come true by Joanne Gill-Maddick
Children's Poem contest entry

On a sunny summers day. I went for a walk through the forest so green.

My eyes caught sight of a big oak tree. The biggest I've ever seen.

There was a door in the tree with a sign that said a land where dreams come true.

I opened the door and peeked inside. I was amazed at the view.

I walked into a land of magic where fairies were everywhere.

They were wearing little sparkly dresses with pretty bows in their hair.

They were granting wishes to little kids who felt all alone and sad.

Sometimes others were mean to them and made them feel so bad.

A little fairy named Destiny said “Mia” what would your wish be?

I said I would like to be a real princess with hair to touch my toes.

Having lots of friends that like me and spread kindness wherever I go.

Destiny waved her magic wand sprinkling pixie dust in the air.

“Your wish is my command she said.” Instantly I had beautiful long locks of hair.

The top of my head was adorned with a Tiara bearing diamonds all shiny and new.

A gown of shimmering pink draped my body. A true princess was now in clear view.

On my feet were dainty pink shoes that sparkled in the summer sun.

Being in a land of magic was super duper fun.

Destiny said, Mia this magic will remain until you go back through the oak tree door.

Once you get there you will see things weren’t the same as they were before.

There you will be greeted by friends who you can tell your adventures to.

How you were in the land of magic where wishes do come true.

“You can still be a princess at heart, without wearing a fancy crown.”

Just spread kindness to others—it makes the world go around.!


Recognized

Author Notes
Having struggled to fit in for many years while growing up. From experience I know it pays to be kind to others. My photo is from google.

     

© Copyright 2024. Joanne Gill-Maddick All rights reserved.
Joanne Gill-Maddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement