FanStory.com - First Class Mailby Mia Twysted
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
It's all about the choices we make.
First Class Mail by Mia Twysted
Flash Fiction contest entry
Artwork by alaskapat at FanArtReview.com

Marie sighed, staring out into the distance. Her right hand held open the postal box, and her left the letter she'd written to Tom and her red sunglasses. This was the moment she had to decide. Was she going to do it or not?

Closing her eyes, Marie looked deep into herself. Her lip quivered as she released the envelope. A single tear escaped as she put on her sunglasses. Holding her head high, she stepped off the curb and into oncoming traffic.

Contrasting light and dark surrounded the desperate woman as a figure stepped into the light. Marie gasped at the sight of herself.

"We're not the one who has to die," her reflections waved a bloody knife.

Marie opened her eyes to find herself still holding the envelope. Her lips curled into a smile as she tore it in two. She wasn't going to play the victim anymore.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mia Twysted All rights reserved.
Mia Twysted has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement