FanStory.com - Nice Politicsby pome lover
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
an oxymoron
Nice Politics by pome lover
Nice U.S. Political Poem writing prompt entry


 
DEMOCRATS ~

Assuming “nice” means positive, I have 2 things to say:
The Dems do stick together, they’re united all the way,
They also have Joe Manchin, who I think, is good and fair;
With unity, Repubs might note, you can go anywhere.
 
 RPUBLICANS ~   
  
Conservatives, by nature, usually are respectful folk
Who are for our Constitution, not a governmental yolk;
They’re inventors and investors, they build hospitals and parks,
They create jobs, they are patriots in their actions and remarks.
 
WHAT I WANT FOR THIS COUNTRY ~
What I pray for, every day, is change of heart in those who feel
They can tear down what we stand for, change our laws, and slowly steal
All the rights that we were given in our Constitution, bold;
Who use censorship of free speech ’til they have total control!
 



Writing Prompt
Okay, so here's a challenge for you!

Write a three stanza poem about Democrats, Republicans, and what you want for this country.

Here are the terms:

There should be one stanza about Democrats with ABSOLUTELY NO insults, passive aggressive statements, or sarcasm.

One stanza about Republicans with ABSOLUTELY NO insults, passive aggressive statements, or sarcasm.

Third stanza should be about what you want for the United States. You do not have to live here or be from here to participate in this contest.

All three stanza should be equal in length.

I want to see positivity. If it helps keep in mind the golden rule

"If you can't think of anything nice to say, then say nothing at all."

I will be monitoring this contest myself. What I say goes.

Please note: if anyone compares anyone to a nazi they will be automatically disqualified.




Author Notes
Merriam Webster describes â??niceâ?? as being polite and kind.
Dictionary.com says nice means pleasing, agreeable, delightful
Cambridge English dictionary explains nice as pleasant, enjoyable, satisfactory, kind, friendly.
Personally, I cannot associate any of these meanings with politics, thus my choice of picture. Political behavior is, to the naked eye, usually contentious. It is a daunting challenge to write poems about our political parties in the context of "nice" â?¦ unless itâ??s about what we wish them to be, not what they are. I have written what I think is factual and fair.
In â??what I want for this country,â?? I wrote as a concerned patriot who is proud to be an American, and who believes, unlike Big Tech, that freedom of speech means just that.

     

© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement