FanStory.com - Margaret Orion...Strange Duck!by Dick Waters
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Mike is making progress.
Scent of Gardenia
: Margaret Orion...Strange Duck! by Dick Waters

Background
There are now four separate investigation going on. Bermuda authorities, FBI assistance, Holly and Jules', and now Mike's. Some are making progress, and some have made too much.

Mike met Sam in the lobby and they headed into the dining room area.
 
They ordered quickly. “Sam, I really want to find out today where this redhead gets her supplies. More specifically, I want to learn where we can find her. Every hour that goes by, might just be the difference of finding them alive.” Mike said, but he didn’t like the thoughts of not finding them.
 
“Mr. Mike, I understand the situation. I too want to find Jules. I have three supply house addresses to check out…one of them should put us closer to where she is.”
 
Their breakfasts arrived. “Sam, did you hear about another man’s body being found?”
 
“I certainly did, and I’m sorry to hear that, but glad it wasn’t Jules or your associate.”
 
“That makes two men found murdered, and still four people missing including Jules and Holly. That’s not even considering the four who were seen fueling up the ‘Import-ant.’”
 
 
 
*.*.*
 
 
 
A short time later Sam was driving the cab to the closest address on his list. It gave Mike time to think about this whole investigation. The police seemed to be dead in the water, and to his knowledge weren’t making any progress. Mercedes and the FBI were also here, but he couldn’t tell how much they had learned. Holly and Jules got too successful and are now missing and feared kidnapped with the others, and then there’s his own investigation. He felt he was making progress, and was hopeful there would be something beneficial this morning. He considered talking with Charlotte Williams to see if she could shed any light on Paul’s kidnapping. However, he wanted to check the supply companies first.
 
Sam pulled the cab into a parking lot of the Bermuda Air Gas Supply Company. There were several men moving tanks and loading a truck. He went over and asked, “Is there someone I can talk to about a customer?”
 
“Yes, Mr. Dermot is inside.” The man pointed to the building.
 
Mike, with Sam following at his heels, went inside the building. The man inside saw them enter, and put down the large box he was carrying. “Yes, how can I help you gentlemen?”
 
“Good morning. My name is Mike Miller, and this is Sam. I’m interested in locating a potential customer of yours. I don’t know her name, but she is a tall redheaded woman, who might be a diver, or run a dive shop.” Mike saw the man’s eyebrows react to his description. “I can see you might know who I’m talking about?”
 
“Yes, there seems to be a lot of interest in her lately. My name is Paul Dermot.”
 
‘Why do you say there’s been a lot of interest in her?” Mike asked.
 
“Well, there was a redheaded woman and a man in here about three days ago asking about her.”
 
Mike immediately asked, “Was her name Holly?”
 
“Yes, it was. She was with a tall black man, but I don’t remember his name.”
 
“Jules.” Mike offered.
 
“Yes, that was his name. What do you want to know about my customer?”
 
“Can you give me her name and business address?”
 
“Her name is Margaret Orion. I’ll get her address for you.” He headed to the file cabinets behind the cash register. He pulled out a manila folder, looking at Mike. “I’ll write down her address for you.” He handed Mike a slip with her address. “Why, all the interest?”
 
“Paul, I’m here trying to locate Holly. She disappeared along with Jules right after she talked to you. Holly works for our office and she was down here doing a private investigation into one of the missing men.”
 
“Oh, now all the pieces are coming together. I heard about two more people reported missing, and a new body found in another dive cage.”
 
“Yes, unfortunately the two new missing people are Holly and Jules. Does Margaret have anything to do with diving?”
 
“Yes, as a matter of fact…she runs a dive excursion business from the address I gave you.” Paul looked like he was going to say more.
 
“Is there something else you want to tell me?” Mike asked.
 
“Yeah, I guess.” Paul said, taking a deep breath before adding, “Margaret is a strange duck. She is very beautiful and has a great body. I had one experience myself and have learned that many of my drivers have benefited from making deliveries to her. She loves to show off her body and then some. She gave me the creeps, but my guys fight over who’s going to make her delivery.”
 
“I guess that is good to know.” Mike acknowledged.
 
“Mike, do you think she could have anything to do with the missing men?”
 
“I can’t say, but I would like to talk with her. Thank you very much for her name and address. One other question…have the police ever come to ask you about Margaret?”
 
“No, they haven’t.”
 

Author Notes
The police have never asked about the redhead!

     

© Copyright 2024. Dick Waters All rights reserved.
Dick Waters has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement