FanStory.com - Below Black Watersby Gypsy Blue Rose
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Free Verse About Author, Virginia Wolf
Below Black Waters by Gypsy Blue Rose
Dedicated to All People Who Suffer from Depression.

 

My life is not worth living.

I’m lost in the hallways of my mind

with no one to show me 

the way out of my dark existence.

Heavy with rocks,

as cumbersome as my sins,

I follow the seagulls

to my resting place

below black waters.

 



Recognized

Author Notes
I am bipolar with long episodes of deep depression but with medication, I can live a normal life. There are many artists who suffer from manic depression (now called bipolar) and my free verse is about one of them... Virginia Wolf.

(National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255 Don't give up on life, it gets better).

Virginia Woolf --1882-1941-- was an English writer, considered one of the most important modernist 20th-century authors and also a pioneer in the use of stream of consciousness as a narrative device. Beneath the razor-sharp mind lay a bedrock of chronic depression.

These worsened with the death of her mother when she was 13, half-sister at 15, and father at 22 years old. Not just the loss of loved ones, sexual abuse by step-brothers also scarred her emotionally. Hers was a dysfunctional family.

Throughout her life, she had to be institutionalized. There were outside pressures of the world wars and the Blitz, which destroyed her home. On March 28, she filled her coat pockets with stones and walked into the River Ouse at Lewes. Notable works: Mrs. Dallows, To the Lighthouse, Orlando, A Room of One's Own, and the Waves. click here for more information ***I used a picture with the sea, instead of the river for artistic purpose.***

Thank you very much for reading my free verse.

Gypsy

     

© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement