FanStory.com - Vigilantes Uniteby Mistydawn
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The vigilante teams up to carry out her plan.
Where Are All The Children
: Vigilantes Unite by Mistydawn

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
A heavy tension blankets the small, sparsely furnished room. A group of young women continues towards the bound man. Judith, the man's ex-wife, is leading the way, knife in hand.

Terrified, Todd jerks on the restraints only to discover the ties won't budge. The man glances at his wife and then the shiny blade. He gulps and says, "I... I can explain."

Judith glares at him, a look of disdain plastered across her face. Fire shoots from her toffee-colored eyes when she growls, "Nothing you can say will ever justify what you've done."


"Please, honey, please, don't do this," he begs.

Unfastening his pants, she reaches in and jerks his manhood out. The small, limp appendage plops against his jeans. Crinkling her nose, she jabs it with her knife. I'll be putting it out of its misery.

Tears stream down his bronze face. He gulps back his emotions and says, "Please, Judith, I beg you, don't do this."

"You shouldn't have screwed the girls." Pulling it taut, she pushes the blade into his wrinkled skin. A large drop of blood plops onto his pants
.

Putting a death grip on the chair's arms, Todd screams in pain.

Judith laughs. "That was for all the times you hurt me, and this is for all your lies." She pushes the blade in more.

"Please, stop. I'm sorry. I promise it'll never happen again."

She smiles and says, "You're right; it won't."

"I'll... I'll find a way to make it up to you, make it right somehow."


His last plea for help triggers a childhood memory. Judith first recalls the horrid nights her father snuck into her room. She then remembers the promise he made when she threatened to tell; how she found him in her baby sister's room a few nights later. I made sure he didn't touch either of us again. She glares at the sniveling man. "Nothing you can do will ever make this right."

The Vigilante grabs her arm and says, "Maybe there is something he can do."

Judith glances over at him and then at her. "He needs to pay for what he's done."

You're right, he does, but I have a better way for him to do it." Pulling Judith aside, she explains her plan.


"I can still take care of him when this is over, right?"

The Vigilante smiles and says, "A promise is a promise."

***
 Judith, Todd, and the Vigilante are heading to a small cafe across town. Todd called two of his colleagues and asked them to meet him there, claiming he has some important news.


"Pulling up to the curb, the Vigilante shuts off the car, turns, and says, "We'll be listening to your every word, so if you even drop a hint as to what's going on, I'll make sure it'll be the last thing you'll ever say."

"I... I won't tip them off, I promise."


"When I tell you to leave, you need to say you have to go to the restroom and slip out the back. If you even think about escaping before then, know that my girls will be waiting for you, guns in hand."

He nervously shakes his head, gulps, and says, "I... I won't forget."

"Good. Do you remember what I told you to say?"

"I... I think so."


"Get them talking about the business and leave."

"Got it."

Judith pulls a knife out of her purse, leans forward, and says, "Screw up, and you get more of this."

He reaches for his aching crotch, "I...I won't mess up."


Finding his friends at a corner table, Todd starts towards them. My life depends on this, he thinks. He takes a breath of courage, smiles, and says, "I'm glad you could make it."

Troy glances at his watch. "Yeah, well, make it quick, I haven't got all day."

Pulling out his chair, he sits down. He leans in and whispers, "My inside guy just warned me about the sting the cops are planning to do on the parlor tonight." He eyes the car and then adds, "He claims they were able to link it to our website."

"How is it possible with everything coded and all?"


"He didn't go into a lot of detail, but he did say they were able to retrieve a user list, and they're going to hit everyone at once. I think it might be wise if we split with the girls before it all goes down."

"I say we leave the girls, start fresh somewhere else."

David rubs his hands together. His eyes sparkle when he says, "I'll wine and dine them the way I did before." He'd charm them then lure them into a trap.

"That'll take too much time with the grooming and all."


"Saying we did pack up, where would we go?"

"My friend has a resort in Florida" He pulls up a website on his phone. "He said it's in a prime location. Being on the coast, it'll make our importing business a lot easier." He hands them the phone and says, "That's where I'm going anyway. You two talk it over while I use the restroom."


***

Toni is finishing the last of her paperwork when her phone rings. She discovers it's an odd number when she grabs it off her desk. She turns to Jamal and says. I think it's the Vigilante again."

"I'll try to trace it, but you know how that'll probably go."

"Sergeant Moore." She puts the phone on speaker.

A deep robotic voice replies, "It's been a long time, Detective."

She glances over at Jamal, a perplexed look on her face, "Who is this?"


"Your friendly helper, of course."

She glances over at Jamal. He nods. "It has been a while. How did your reunion go?"

"It went well, thanks for asking."

"I'm sure they were as happy to see their families as you was yours."

"I never went back, don't care to either, seeing that they're the ones who sold me to the heartless man."


"I can't imagine what you've been through, all the horrors you've seen, being trafficked at such a young age."

"I didn't call to talk about me."

Toni glances over at Jamal. He motions her to continue. "Why are you calling?"

"I wanted to let you know that I have more deviants lined up for you."


Toni sighs, "What did you do now?"

"You act like my helping you is a bad thing."

"I can't condone you taking the law into your own hands."

"Someone has to since you idiots can't seem to get them off the streets on your own."

Toni rubs her throbbing head. "Please, just tell me where they're at."


There's an ongoing discussion on my web page. Their video conference should be enough to convict. Since we're recording it in a public place, there's no expectation of privacy. Knowing how screwy the judicial system is, I sent a few things to your email just in case."

Toni pulls up the link on her computer. She listens for a few minutes, then checks her email. 

"You better act fast because they plan on skipping town soon," the Vigilante warns.

Grabbing her coat from the back of the chair, Toni asks, "Where is this taking place?"

"Tiny Bistro over on Marinette. Oh, and sergeant, Mark Hensley, the one you set free, won't be victimizing little girls anymore. Not in this life anyway."


"What did you do to him?"

"He did it to himself."The phone disconnects.

Jamal hangs up the landline, turns, and says, "Dispatch said they'd send someone to check on Mark Hensley and have someone sit on the cafe until we get there."

"What about the number?"

He glances at his computer screen. "It shows it's pinging off towers in Africa again."


"I should've known."


     

© Copyright 2024. Mistydawn All rights reserved.
Mistydawn has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement