FanStory.com - For Jannypan: In Memory of Timby Mary Kay Bonfante
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A poem, as we keep Jan in our prayers.
Prayers for Fanstory Family
: For Jannypan: In Memory of Tim by Mary Kay Bonfante
Artwork by soulfeeder at FanArtReview.com

You kept a living vigil by his bed,
Seldom had any sister loved so well.
Though we sought God to grant that last reprieve,
His time had come; God took him home, away.
Why such things happen, mortals cannot say;
'Tis ours to only keep the faith; believe!
We know your grief's beyond your pow'r to tell;
Yet God has counted every tear you've shed.


Recognized

Author Notes
I admire and respect your work very much, dear Jan, even though I don't know you personally, very well; and I have learned what you have been through with the recent loss of your precious brother, Tim.

We as your friends and fellow writers on FanStory have been very moved by the story of you and your brother -- those of us who have heard it. We know that he had an aggressive form of brain cancer, and that you stayed by his bedside for a long time, as his caregiver. During that time, when it was quiet and uneventful, you frequently filled the time writing your poetry, even though you couldn't often review or reply. I know that you may still be limited in your activities on FanStory, because you are still grieving, and I am sure that everyone understands that.

You have expressed that Tim had faith in the Lord Jesus, which he lived out in his actions -- he showed his love through the way he lived. You can look forward to seeing him again someday! I know that when we lose someone we love so deeply, this can seem like a very long time. But I also know that you loved him unselfishly, and that you are relieved that he is free from his suffering. I don't know how conscious he was during his last days, but how could he not feel loved, with you by his side?

As I'm sure you know, there are those of us who prayed for you and your brother during those last days, and we continue to pray for you and your family now.

Because you are such a prolific and accomplished poet, I've created what I think might be a new form, in your brother's memory:

Lake's Reflection (for Jan's brother Tim)
A/B/C/D/D/C/B/A

The meter should be consistent (same number of syllables per line). The poem can be lengthened by repeating the pattern again, as many times as necessary. New rhymes can be used with each stanza (each set of 8 lines).

Jan, if you think this description of my poetic form can be improved (or likewise, if I have erred in any biographical information), please let me know, so I can tweak it. I've never done this before!

Please note that this work, when promoted, is with the hope that those reading it will pray for Jan and her family. The reviews are greatly appreciated, but your prayers will be the greatest measure of its success.

I wish to express my gratitude to "soulfeeder" from FanArt, for the image used in this post.

     

© Copyright 2024. Mary Kay Bonfante All rights reserved.
Mary Kay Bonfante has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement