FanStory.com - The Vixenby fm wright
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Know your friends.
The Vixen by fm wright
Assassinate Me A Thriller! writing prompt entry
Artwork by suzannethompson2 at FanArtReview.com

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of violence.
When her smart phone rings Crystal promptly answers. "Yeah, Johnny. Linda's putting the finishing touches on her appearance now." "Don't worry. We'll both be ready when you get here."

"I appreciate you getting me an invitation, but, who is this blind date you've set me up with anyway?"

"Oh, don't worry, Linda. He's more than just brains."

"You're really trying to keep him a mystery, aren't you

"You about ready?" Crystal sidesteps a direct answer.

"Just let me get my gloves and purse."Exiting the bathroom, Linda enters her bedroom. Behind closed doors she is putting on her gloves when there comes a rap on the other side. "Johnny's waiting," Crystal's voice calls out. "Be there in a minute." From the drawer in her nightstand Linda extracts a pouch and slides it into her purse. Linda knew that a date could complicate matters, but she might be able to work it to her advantage.

At their destination, the butler ushers them inside the mansion. Linda studies her surroundings. "Okay, so which one is he?"

On Crystal's signal, a young man, whose features are quite pleasing to the eye, makes his way over to them. At that moment, Linda's heart sinks. If only it was a different situation. Her thoughts are interrupted as her date walks up.

"I'm Austin Bentley. You must be Miss Reynard."

"Linda."

"Well, Linda, would you share a dance with me?"

Linda glides alongside him, joining other couples moving to the music. Soon, Austin pulls Linda closer. "I'd really like to get to know you better. How about going out on the veranda with me?"

"What a splendid idea."

As Austin and Linda head for the double doors, Crystal turns to Johnny. "It's time I made a trip to the ladies room." He nods.

Unwrapping her arms from around Austin's neck, Linda backs off from him "I would like more than anything to become deeper acquainted with you, but I can't."

"Why can't you?" Austin cries out.

Turning away, she takes a handgun with silencer from her purse. "Sadly, your principles have made you enemies in high places." Linda swiftly spins around and fires.

His heart stopped, Austin's body collapses.

The gun returned to its pouch inside her pocketbook, Linda pulls out a business card imprinted with the image of a fox, and the words, The Vixen. Flinging it towards Austin's body, it lands printed side up.

Smart phone in hand, Linda snaps a quick, focused photo. She immediately forwards it, then slips the device back into her purse. "Help," she screams out.

Turning, she finds Crystal standing behind her with a drawn gun. Those from inside the mansion rush out onto the scene. By this time Crystal has fled the area. Linda has taken a kneeling position beside Austin's still form.



Writing Prompt
In 500 words or less, write a thriller (or/and horror) prose involving an assassin/assassination or hitman/hitwoman. No poetry or script, please. Be creative and have fun! :)

Author Notes
Appreciation goes out to suzannethompson2 for use of this piece entitled "Into the Light."

     

© Copyright 2024. fm wright All rights reserved.
fm wright has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement