FanStory.com - The Gulagby Iza Deleanu
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Banned Christmas
The Corona saga
: The Gulag by Iza Deleanu

Warning: The author has noted that this contains the highest level of language.
All my hopes are dead! My crazy idea of traveling somewhere for Christmas died last night: 500 people died of Coronella in Alberta. I know, no biggie; Italy and Spain had more than that, but our smaller population feels the hit. I feel like it's hitting closer to home. I joke about it and continue to deny that it is real, but the shadow of worries creeps down my spine. I hear a voice louder and louder: "I'm coming for you, be prepared' I swear, I am not prepared at all! Whoever released this sucker has done a lousy job! Now it's out of control, and it cannot be stopped! Great job, mother fucker scientist; you knew what you were doing since day one! Most human beings live in a four-season reality, and in some, the winter lasts more than three months.

My proverbial optimism suffered a coup de foudre: I LOVE CHRISTMAS and all the cheesy movies that are running on T.V.! They are lifting my broken spirit and make me wanna try everything traditional in Canada for this season. You know, I never had eggnog.


Should I give up? Nope! Depression, get the hell out of my face! Okay, I'm not going to Costa Rica or Romania, so I can pay my debt and put many aside for the summer. New plans: Greece, Portugal, Nice, here I come! That's all I have left: dreaming and watching documentaries about the places where I would like to go.
That voice is still there: "keep on dreaming 'cause 2020 February was the last time for your travels; starting with the next year, nobody will go anywhere. The global order decided -- suckers stay home! To travel will be a privilege and not one of your rights.

Speaking of rights, you will have only one: if you want to eat, obey the new order, and most importantly, you must be dumb!" I think the last condition is the deal-breaker for me! I was raised to speak my mind and talk about the idiocy of our days. Man, I am doomed! I will be part of the 10% that will die not of Coronella but of being outspoken! This is so sad! God gave us the freedom to choose; the Devil now is in power! He fools you with freebies, the only condition to believe anything you see and hear. Yup, keep on lying, brother. Did you hear there is a vaccine that is efficient 70% and another one 90%? Wait, I just remember the joke from CBC that was proposing to combine those two vaccines and get one that is 160 % efficient.

But no matter what, this year I love Christmas! In Alberta, we are still lucky; they have not banned Christmas as not being essential from the stores like in Manitoba. What a way to go: they took out Christmas from the shelves or put it behind plastic because people will get Coronella if they go Christmas shopping. This is one more example of idiocy when you take the only joy and hope of being average.

Author Notes
In Manitoba just banned all the Christmas decorations and Christmas shopping because is not essential! Oh, my God, really? Tell that to the kids:(- no Christmas tree for you this year.

     

© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement