FanStory.com - My Brother 2 by Justin Chopin
Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A poem I wrote for my brother.
My Brother 2 by Justin Chopin

My Brother

My brother, listen to the words I have to say.

When you are bombarded by life, go to God and pray.


For relief, for guidance, and for patience to spare.

For discernment, for victory through your moments of despair.


My brother, reach out to Christ for peace in your heart, mind and soul.

Speak to God about your sorrows because they are out of your control.


Our Lord longs to help you through your times of wretched sufferings.

He longs to rescue you from the putrid pits of self-pity and make you sing.


He longs to make you alive again to separate you from death and its wicked stings.

My brother, you were made with compassion by the righteous King of Kings.


Your Messiah is reaching out to you longing to save you from your frustrations.

He is will bestow upon you fresh and limitless life in exchange for all of your agitations.


My brother, He can make you a new creation.

Liberated from the triteness of this world revived by the power of his eternal salvation.


The angels are cheering, their trumpets playing the sounds of a divine victory.

At the sight of you finally being made free.


Author Notes
This is a piece that I wrote for my younger brother and really anyone who is going through some type of anxiety during all of this 2020 hysteria. The message is to remember that God is a merciful and compassionate God who will never leave us behind. The title is a reference to this being the second poem that I have written for my brother .

     

© Copyright 2024. Justin Chopin All rights reserved.
Justin Chopin has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement