FanStory.com - This I Believeby Earl Corp
Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My philosophies of life
This I Believe by Earl Corp
    I Believe Contest Winner 

I believe in God.
 
I believe he sent his only begotten son to die for our sins that we may be redeemed and enter the Kingdom of Heaven once our time on Earth is over.
 
I believe in the United States of America. I believed so much in it I spent 12 years defending it and the freedoms it affords us. I don’t believe the America we are living in is what the Founding Fathers envisioned for our country.

I believe in the power of Love. There is someone for everyone, and it may take a couple of tries to find that someone.

I believe you love who you love. I don’t believe sexual orientation needs to be flaunted in public, what goes on between two people needs to stay in the home and bedroom.
 
I believe all people are created equal and should be judged on their character and actions, not the color of their skin.

I believe in music. I admire people with singing and playing talent. I also admire people with artistic talent whether it’s drawing, sculpting, or painting.
 
I believe in helping others in need. I don’t believe in lifetime and generational government welfare. I believe in hard work, an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work.
 
I believe people should be allowed to come to our country for a better life, the right way. If someone comes here to stay they should be prepared to become a citizen and a contributing member of the society they have chosen.
 
I believe in law and order. Punishments should fit the crime and not be allowed to wangle out of it because they can afford to buy their way out of it. I believe in the death penalty and it should be used on murderers, rapists, and pedophiles.

I believe in education, but experience is the best teacher. I don’t believe everyone is cut out to go to college, we need plumbers, mechanics, and construction workers just as much as we need philosophers, scientists, and economists.

I believe in a strong military, but I don’t believe we should be the world’s policemen. I believe war should be a last resort, but it’s like my dad always told me, “Don’t start any fights but you’d better finish them.”
 
I believe that people who look at elected officials as leaders are misguided. There is a difference between management skills and leadership and relying on people who won a popularity contest to provide leadership will leave you disappointed.
 
I don’t believe political office should be a career. There should be term limits and a $100 cap on all political donations. No one should serve in office for 40 years and become a millionaire.

I believe in a free press. I don’t believe the press should interject itself into politics. Newspapers shouldn’t be endorsing candidates or putting their slant to something. Just the facts, and all the facts.
 
I believe we all should start treating other better. I don’t expect you to believe what I believe and I would like the same courtesy in return. We’re all Americans we should start acting like it.

 


Writing Prompt
Write a story or essay that begins with the sentence: I believe _______ (finish the sentence). Maximum word count: 1,000.
I Believe
Contest Winner

Recognized

Author Notes
This probably won't earn me any new fans.

     

© Copyright 2024. Earl Corp All rights reserved.
Earl Corp has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.




Be sure to go online at FanStory.com to comment on this.
© 2000-2024. FanStory.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement